Whether it’s an Open House, or simply presenting your home in the best light, it is necessary to view it from the eyes of a buyer! Any money spent in this area may result in increased profits and a faster sale.
Maximizing Curb Appeal
Before potential buyers even see what the home has to offer, they view its exterior. As a result, an unkempt or unattractive view of the outside of the home could potentially result in a missed opportunity. To show the house in its best light, consider the following:
* Move all materials, including garbage cans and gardening supplies, from the front yard and into a garage or shed
* Mow the lawn and weed and maintain all planted areas
* Replace any outdoor light bulbs that are not working
* Sweep walkways and steps, and remove all small items from the porch or patio
* Replace worn or badly stained door mats
Once a potential buyer enters the home, they need to determine if it will meet their needs and expectations. Give them the best view of the home’s interior by following these steps:
* Remove the home of any clutter by limiting decorative objects and clearing all unnecessary appliances from the kitchen countertops
* Rearrange or remove furniture to highlight the space in a room
* Review each room and clean or vacuum if necessary
These tips can help ensure you receive the highest price possible for your home.